Tuesday 14 January 2014

The Incredibles: Homemade Costume


For Halloween this year I really wanted to be an Incredible. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on it, as I know I'm really never gonna wear it again (except maybe for another Halloween). After looking online to no success, I decided to just make it! I love homemade costumes; in 3rd grade I was a christmas present by literally wrapping and decorating a box and cutting arm and head holes - it was awesome.

Anyways, the process for this costume was extremely simple! I went go the closest goodwill and picked out a plain red t-shirt for 3 dollars. After looking online for shirt cutting tutorials I watched this one in order to cut the shirt into a crop top. After, I drew on the logo with marker, and started painting using an online picture as a guide. I just used regular acrylics, mostly because I know I'm never gonna wash it or really wear it so the paint didn't need to be proper fabric paint.

Paired with some black high waisted shorts, and I was ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment