Sunday 26 January 2014

Portage Bay Cafe

This past Thursday was my 21st birthday!

I started out my day with brunch at my favourite local breakfast place, Portage Bay Cafe. This Seattle spot is well known for its extremely local and fresh ingredients. They use all local companies, such as Beecher's cheese and even have chickens out back for eggs!

I got the Goats Cheese Omelette, which was full of mushroom, spinach and goats cheese (honestly, probably my 3 favourite things). I also got a Grapefruit Mimosa which was to die for. It was a great start to my day (showing up to my 10:30 Ochem class tipsy was also pretty interesting).


Fresh Squeezed Grapefruit Mimosa

One of the best things about Portage Bay is their toppings counter, which you get a trip to when you order something such as pancakes or french toast. There's mounds of whipped cream, berries, and anything else you could want on top of your breakfast. The dishes I would especially recommend are Original French Toast (made with Challah Bread), Portage Bay Breakfast Sandwich and Goats Cheese Omelette.

Since my birthday was on a Thursday, there was no wait at 9am. However, if you're planning on going on the weekend be prepared to wait for an hour! This place gets so crowded. You can get yourself coffee and hang out outside (if the weather permits). The South Lake Union location takes reservations, and when I'm going to the Roosevelt one I normally just call an hour before I want to go to get my name on the list (they even have a system where they can text you when your table is ready, pretty nifty).





No comments:

Post a Comment