Tuesday 14 January 2014

Pike's Place





Whenever I'm in a slightly touristy mood I love heading into the city and to Pike's Place Market. Its so stereotypical Seattle, and so much fun to look around at everything there is to offer! And yes, there are flying fish (along with a plethora fruit and veggie, cheap flowers, and homemade trinket stands). Surrounding the main market there is also tons of restaurants, other market areas, and stores (including the original Starbucks!)

Some particularly noteworthy stops include
Daily Dozen Donut Company: simply delicious and very obviously homemade. They fry the mini donuts right in front of you, and when you ask for a flavour they add it (Cinnamon, Sugar) to the bag and shake. I'm not really much of a donut lover, but when they're so fresh and still warm I can't help myself.
Pike Place Chowder: If you've in the mood for some clam chowder, this is the place to go. Its very tiny, with only a little counter space and stools but the chowder is out of this world.
Original Starbucks: I know I know, you've come all the way to Seattle and there's no way you're missing this. Honestly though, what's going to happen is you're going to stand outside for an hour to order the exact same drink you could get at the Starbucks one block away.


No comments:

Post a Comment