Saturday 28 December 2013

My Favourite Chocolate Chip Cookies

Our sweet neighbours invited us over for drinks tomorrow afternoon for a little after christmas festivities and my mom asked if I could bake some treats to to bring as a little gift. I haven't made Chocolate Chip Cookies in absolutely forever, and decided to make my favourites.

I have tried and tested more chocolate chip cookie recipes then I can count, and these are my favourite favourite favourite. Personally, I like my cookies as chewy as they can get, and this is the chewiest I have ever had. Enjoy!

   Ingredients

  • 2 1/4 cups Flour
  • 1 tsp Salt
  • 1 tsp Baking Soda
  • 1 cup Unsalted Butter, melted then cooled
  • 1 cup Packed Brown Sugar
  • 1/2 cup White Sugar
  • 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1 Egg + 1 Yolk
  • 3 cups Chocolate Chips 
   Method
  1. Sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder into a medium bowl
  2. Cream the butter and sugars together in a larger bowl. Add the vanilla, egg and yolk and beat until creamy and light. 
  3. Mix in the sifted ingredients slowly, blending until just fully mixed 
  4. Fold in chocolate chips
  5. Spoon batter into cling film, wrap up, and refrigerate over night 
  6. When ready to cook, take out dough and preheat oven to 375(F)
  7. Bake 2 Tbsp balls of dough about 8 minutes, or until the edges are slightly browned (they tend to look a little underdone)
  8. Try not to eat 10 

No comments:

Post a Comment