Sunday 26 January 2014

Tallulahs, Capitol Hill

The weekend after my birthday my cousin and aunt took me out for a birthday brunch (if you can't already tell, brunch is my absolute favourite meal). We went to a little breakfast spot up in Capitol Hill called Tallulahs (550 19th Ave E), which I had never heard of. 

The restaurant has a great feel to it, its very open and there are windows everywhere. Even at 10am on a Sunday when it was incredibly busy it didn't feel packed or like all the costumers were sitting on top of each other (which is pretty common at super busy breakfast spots).

To start off the meal I had the Kale, Pear, Cucumber and Lemon juice. I'm a sucker for anything juiced, which I think stems from my mom juiced anything and everything she ever could when I was growing up. My cousin had a Beet and Ginger juice, which was good but very powerfully ginger. 

For my meal I chose the Egg's Benedict. Now, I have to admit something. I will order Eggs Benedict anytime, anywhere. My boyfriend makes fun of me for it constantly, I actually think I have a problem. Anyways, I (as always) ordered the Eggs Benedict. The hollandaise sauce was perfect, and the brioche they had it on top of tied the whole thing together. The only slight criticism I would have was the number of potatoes it came with, the plate looked kind of empty. Other than that though, it was delicious. 

My cousin ordered the Lemon Ricotta Pancake which was HUGE and so good too. This thing was the size of a plate and about an inch and a half thick, but was so delicious. 

I would definitely recommend  Tallulahs, and would love to go back there for lunch or dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment