Sunday 22 December 2013

A Californian Christmas

There's pretty much 3 places that I consider "home" nowadays. Along with Seattle and London, I'm in San Francisco a ton (my boyfriend goes to school in the Bay). I spent all last summer working in Berkeley and exploring the Bay Area, and honestly fell more in love with it every single day.

Before coming to London for Christmas I went down to San Fran for a week and did some of my absolute favourite Bay Area things

Ferry Building I'm a sucker when it comes to little speciality shops for cheese, meat, flowers, ect. The ferry building is full of fun little stores to look around (especially if you're a little hungry!). On Sunday's there's also an awesome farmers market. Whenever Ryan and I go into the city we always come here to go to Cowgirl Creamery and get some delicious cheese.

Exploritorium: When I was a camp counselor with Girls on the Go over the summer we went to the Exploritorium 3 times and I kid you not, I fell more and more in love with it with every single visit. IT IS SO MUCH FUN. Maybe its because I'm a total science geek, but everything was so cool and presented in such an intriguing way. Everywhere you look is another amazing exhibit. I would come here 100 more times.

Homemade Cafe, Sacramento Street, Berkeley: Just a little breakfast spot, but so delicious.

Ghiradelli Square: I know I know, not exactly a secret spot, but I'd go pretty much anywhere for a free square of Ghirdaelli. The restaurant/cafe attached is also so good if you're in the mood for an after dinner treat. If you're there during the day, walking down the hill to the park and beach is a must.


Happy Holidays!
Megan


No comments:

Post a Comment